Export Awards eligibility guidelines
Applications for the 59th Australian Export & Investment Awards Program are invited from organisations that meet the following criteria.
- Earn foreign exchange.
- Hold an active Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Operate as a separate business if part of a larger organisation.
- Maintain appropriate business ethics and demonstrate a commitment to legal obligations including anti-bribery laws, both in Australia and overseas markets.
- Applications containing inadequate financial details will not be accepted.
- Businesses that receive funding from the Government are eligible to apply.
- Entry is through the State and Territory Export Awards programs, applications are not accepted directly to the national Australian Export Awards. Eligible Winners from a State or Territory Export Awards program automatically progress to become a National Finalist in the Australian Export Awards.
- Only submit an application in one State or Territory Export Awards program. The application can only be submitted in the state or territory program where the organisation’s head office is located or where the majority of operations are established.
- Entries are only accepted online via the Export Awards application website exportawards.gov.au.
Product or service
The product or service exported or delivered overseas must include significant (at least 50 per cent) Australian content or value-add, this may include:
- goods made in Australia from Australian primary products;
- goods made overseas, mainly using Australian primary products;
- goods made in Australia from Australian and imported components;
- goods elaborately transformed in Australia;
- goods made overseas using substantial Australian value-add, intellectual property (IP) or know-how, including design;
- services delivered in Australia to foreign individuals or entities; and
- services delivered overseas using substantial Australian value-add, IP or know-how.
- Deliver net foreign economic returns to the Australian economy.
- The applicant must demonstrate ‘net return’ to Australia in terms of profit repatriation and creation of employment in Australia.
- Organisations can enter in one or more category, but will only be eligible to win an award in one national category.
- Organisations with a non-metropolitan Head Office may also enter the Regional Exporter Award.
- Organisations with three years or less of export sales are eligible to enter the Emerging Exporter Award.
Previous Winners and Hall of Fame
- Winners from previous years are eligible to apply, except for inductees in the Australian Export Awards national Hall of Fame.
- Where an organisation is a state or territory Hall of Fame inductee (ACT, NT or WA) check with the State or Territory Awards Coordinator for information regarding eligibility in applying into a state or territory awards program.
Government agencies and government owned agencies
- Government agencies and government owned agencies are not eligible to apply. However, businesses that receive funding from the Government are eligible to apply.
- Sponsors of a State, Territory Export Awards or the Australian Export Awards program are not eligible to apply.
Have a question
If you have any questions on eligibility, please contact the Export Awards Coordinator in your State or Territory.