Areas of focus include
- The degree of innovation in the marketing strategy
- Export growth achieved and the ability to sustain that growth
- Evidence of sustainable competitive advantage
- Value and contribution of exporting to business expansion
- The overall company commitment to international business
The judging criteria are as follows:
SECTION 1 – This section is not judged [0% weighting]
SECTION 2 - ABOUT THE BUSINESS AND ITS PRODUCT/SERVICES [25% weighting]
Assess the viability of the business, its product/service and how successful the business' exports/international successes have been this year.
- Criteria for e-Commerce category: What are the innovative online practices/strategies the applicant has implemented to maximise their reach overseas (look for innovation in platforms, tools used and customer engagement).
- Criteria for all other industry specific award categories: Assess the company's activities against the selected category they have applied. Do these activities clearly reflect and effectively demonstrate leadership and innovation in the selected industry sector?
SECTION 3 - INTERNATIONAL MARKETING STRATEGY [40% weighting]
- 3.1 Criteria: Quality of marketing strategy taking into consideration scope of applicant's international competitive advantage.
- 3.2 Criteria: What diversity and inclusion strategies has the applicant implemented in their business.
- 3.3 & 3.4 Criteria: Assess the level and sustainability of international revenue considering:
- As a proportion of total sales revenue.
- In terms of value, and year-to-year percentage change in value, over the last three years or since the applicant commenced exporting.
- Total export earnings from major overseas markets.
SECTION 4 - BUSINESS MANAGEMENT [25% weighting]
- 4.1 Criteria: Assess how/if employment figures support export expansion relevant to industry/category.
- 4.2 Criteria: Assess structure of company's export/international operations and systems to effectively respond to international sales and whether the company is appropriately resourced for export expansion.
- 4.3 - 4.5 Criteria: Soundness of financial strategy for international business. Look for examples of a sound capital base (substantial net profit) and sufficient capital (cash & resources) to support export activity. What are applicant's international plans for the coming year (e.g. new markets, additional staff, different marketing strategies).
SECTION 5 - INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PLANNING AND DIRECTION [10% weighting]
5.1 Criteria: Assess evidence of business commitment to international business.